Well, I'm glad to hear that people are happy we finally did a blog. Hopefully the info I'm about to share will not change that. I just wanted to tell about Carter's funny happenings today. He was having a tough morning of being fussy. It seemed as if his tummy hurt and he had to get something out, but nothing was coming. After a morning bath and a nap I figured he'd do better, but he woke up and was still pretty fussy. Well, while feeding him Carter released the mother load of all diapers. I held the back of the diaper in hopes of keeping all of the subtance in, but I was unsuccessful. I could tell some moisture was beginning to leak through, so I sat him up in order to salvage my own clothing. When I did this, however, I started getting yellow drips all over my pants. Confused as to where these drips were coming from, I examined Cater more closely and discovered that he had poop dripping from his armpit. He had blown out of the diaper, all up his back, and out of his sleeve. Needless to say, he got a second bath. I was just grateful we were at home when it happened. The good thing was he seemed to feel better after.
Carter's second adverture of the day was having his first food - a goldfish cracker. I had given Parker a handful of goldfish to appease him while I was making dinner. All of the other kids were outside, so Parker was entertaining Carter for me. While in the kitchen I heard Parker say, "I share with Carter mommy. I share my goldfish cracker." It registered and I quickly ran to the living room and fished the cracker out of Cater's mouth. Thankfully he had not attempted to swallow it yet. Parker and I had a long talk about not putting things in Carter's mouth after that. What a day.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
WOW!!!What a diaper. I am glad that he felt better, thank goodness for bathtubs, do you ever wonder what the Pioneers did when that happened? (just a random thought) How old is Carter now?
Carter just turned 5 months on the 20th.
Ha ha!!! love the diaper blow-out story...I have to admit though that I wish you had a picture to post with it. Classic!
Kim! Welcome to the blog world! I loved this story! So typical of motherhood.
Poor Carter...glad to hear he is feeling better and didn't choke on the goldfish cracker. Gotta watch out for those you know.
Grandma Koller
Kim,
I know it has been said already but I am so happy you have joined the blogging community. It is going to be fun to learn more about your family and kids. :)
I have a two month old and she can get poo almost to her sholder blades, I don't even want to think where she will be able to get it when she is five months.
I can't believe how much your kids all look alike--they all favor Jeff's looks, from what I can tell in the pics.
Funny diaper story!
Luckily that blow-out didn't happen in Sacrament Meeting. I can see why you didn't have time to take a picture of it though. I LOVE the pictures of the kids; can't wait to see pics of Ashley's dance recital! It's so good to be back amongst my fellow bloggers...
Post a Comment