Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I'm back.
Well, I am alive even though I have not published anything for 4 weeks! It was sad to see that on someone's blog :( Anyway, we are back from vacation, things are unpacked and cleaned up, and the kids started school today, so now I have no excuse for not writing in here again. We had a wonderful two week vacation that took us through nine states and had us sleeping in eight different places. Amazingly the kids did great! It was fun making our trip to Utah to see our family into more of a tourist-like vacation. We saw Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower (the rock from the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind") and Yellowstone (with my family) during the first part of the trip. We then spent some time at my parent's house where my sister took us horseback riding and hiking (very fun). We then traveled to Jeff's parent's house where we stayed one night before going up to their cabin. The cabin is always a favorite for the kids because they get to run around getting dirty and eating junk food all day. They also loved riding the 4-wheelers and shooting guns with Grandpa. Taylor even learned to drive the 4-wheelers on his own, with me as a passenger. That was an interesting ride, but he did pretty good. After the cabin we went back to the Blair's for a day, and then took off for Lava Hot Spring, ID. It was so fun to see all of the family and watch the kids play with their cousins. In all, it was a wonderful trip which we didn't want to end. It was actually hard getting back into the regular daily activities again - thus the reason I have not blogged until now. Anyway, I will post some pictures soon. We got a new external hard drive to free up space on our computer for all of the pictures we took. Once I learn how to use it I will get pictures out. Hopefully that will be soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Bienvenido back! Your trip sounds awesome. It's nice to be able to see the sights AND visit family when you live so far away.
So glad to see things are back to normal again. I need to update my blog too - and if anyone from our reunion happened to see Parker's life jacket (it's the one in the pic below this blog), and has it, please let me or Kim know. Hope the kids enjoyed school - give them a big hug for me!
Dave saw that jacket and thought that his parents took it back, but if they don't have it, maybe Regi or Zella saw it???
Anyway, it was good to see your family at the reunion. My girls loved playing with your kids. Glad you made it back home safe. :)
found the life jacket today!!!! I'll get it to marilyn.
we need pictures!!! :)
Post a Comment