Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life's not fair

So lately, life has been kind of busy because Jeff has been traveling a lot with work. You'd think I'd be able to get more blogging done when he's gone, but the last few times he's been gone I've taken up a project to pass the time. I now have three nicely painted bathrooms. Unfortunately, I have no more bathrooms to paint, and the only other rooms I want to paint have children sleeping in them during the prime painting hours, so I will have to come up with other projects. Anyway, I have to admit I am just a tad jealous when he gets to go to cool places. Last week he went to New York City, and got to go on an adventure to find Times Square at night. He even had a thing come up where he was asked to attend a benefit dinner at the last minute while he was in New York. Not having a suit, or any dress clothes, he got to go shopping on 5th avenue with the promise that the company will reimburse him. We are really hoping that will all work out. Anyway, he had quite the experience in New York, while I was home holding down the fort. Here are just a couple of pictures of what we each did. By the way, I really am glad Jeff is having good experiences and that he loves his job right now.

Jeff's job

My job

7 comments:

grandma blair said...

Life truly isn't fair, but I think your job has many more long lasting rewards.

Kim said...

Yeah, I think I have the better deal.

Unknown said...

Was he so embarrassed when he showed up in the same suit and tie as the guy with Gwyneth? :) Cool for him, I would feel a little jealous myself. At least he gave you great blogging material. We will have our reward in Heaven right? AND we can see all of the famous people then too.

Mom B said...

So was the other guy in the picture from Payless too - I assumed he was. Seems kind of unfair that he got to go to New York, have fun, meet a star, and still come home with a free suit. But look at how cute Carter is with the toilet paper...

Kim said...

Yes, the other guy was from Payless, and they bought suits together. They really aren't as similar as they look in the picture. Carter is pretty cute too - much better than Gweneth.

Jennie Blaser said...

What a fun post. I think it is neat he got to do that all in NYC. Now, it is your turn to go there with some girlfriends and see broadway plays! let's plan it!

karo said...

At least you don't have to dress up for your job. That is a plus. Plus you get to indulge in new taste sensations. I bet Jeff didn't get to try cat food and rocks at his benefit dinner!