Well, I was going to get on here and share some pictures of our 4th of July fun, but when I went to get the pictures off the camera I realized we'd left it on the ground where we watched fireworks. Luckily it was at our friend's house, and she found it for us. Those pictures will be coming later. We did have a really fun day, ending with a million fireworks. Kansas is crazy on the 4th! It seems like everyone is determined to do their own fireworks show, and there are people who literally spend thousands at the fireworks tents. I say "tents" because it seems like there is one on every corner here for the week before the 4th. The kids love to seem them too, because each tent has it's own huge blow up creature in front of it to attract customers. I wish I would have taken some pictures. We saw a giant gorilla, a bald eagle, godzilla, and a gigantic firework (that was the least popular with my kids). Anyway, we had a lot of fun.
Besides talking about our lost camera and the Kansas fireworks, I just wanted to say I am thankful for electrical appliances. I'm not sure why I was thinking about how great electricity is, and how thankful I am for Thomas Edison, but it hit me while I was feeding the baby after church. I just kept thinking how greatful I was that the rice cooker was cooking our rice, the oven was cooking our muffins, the crock pot was cooking the dinner, and it was all going to be done about the same time I was going to be done feed ing Carter. The pioneers didn't have that luxury. We really are pretty lucky. Anyway, that it just my random thought for the day. I hopefully will have more exciting things to share (like pictures) when I get my camera back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's weird when that kind of stuff sinks in. Isn't it.
Your kids are adorable. Sorry about your camera. Looking forward to the 4th pictures
Post a Comment