Thursday, September 4, 2008
First day of real preschool.
Emily started preschool for real today. We did a parent run preschool with some friends last year which worked out well, but most of the kids went to kindergarten so we had to try something different. Emily is going to the same preschool as Taylor and Ashley did, so I thought she'd feel right at home since she's been there a lot. I was just a bit wrong. We went to the open house yesterday for her to get used to the classroom and to see where she'd put her backpack. She was a little shy, but seemed to have fun playing with the toys. Well, as we got ready to go this morning Emily decided she didn't want to go. She refused to put on her socks and shoes, she then refused to get in the car, and finally she refused to get out of the car. After peeling her out of the van and walking into the school with her screaming at the top of her lungs (Parker was crying too because I couldn't hold his hand while carrying Carter and pulling Emily along - great fun!) she still wouldn't go into the classroom to participate. I offered to stay a few minutes, only to discover that staying only made it worse. Finally, the teacher just took her from me while she was screaming so I could leave. Talk about feeling bad about leaving your kid at preschool. If I hadn't been through similar things with Taylor I would have been in tears. I did call 15 minutes later to see if she'd calmed down and she had. When I picked her up she was all smiles and had enjoyed the day. Hopefully the next time will be a little easier. (No picture available due to dead battery. I don't think it would have been pretty anyway.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh i am dreading the day when I leave Skyler at school... it already makes me sad! KIM-I LOVE your funny things kids say column on the right of your blog. They made me laugh. That makes me excited for Skyler to talk!
oh, that sounds like so much work. I think you might deserve ice cream or maybe an extra long tub with no kids. :) Good luck next time
All that work makes me so tired. You are amazing, it is so fun to hear about what your kids are doing, even if they are not happy about it.
So sorry you had to go through that. I promise it will get easier. I'll call soon and talk to the kids about school and preschool.
You could always leave Parker with me if you wanted to stay for a bit with Emily! I'm sure she will warm up fast. I'm so sorry you had a week a crazy sicknesses. I feel bad I didnt even know about it. Hopefully all is well, and that you get some out of the house time tomorow:)
Post a Comment