These last couple of weeks have been very busy at our house. It mainly had to do with Ashley's and my birthday last week. Thank you everyone who called or left notes on facebook or e-mail. It's nice to feel loved. Anyway, we had a lot of fun having a birthday party for Ashley and her friends Friday evening, and then celebrating as a family on Sunday. Ashley's party was a lot of fun even though it wore me out. It was a pre-tend sleepover at which the little girls came, made their own pizza's for dinner, put on kid make-up, decorated pillow cases and made bead necklaces, ate cake and ice cream (of course) and watched 30 minutes of a movie before their parents came to get them. Jeff, Taylor and Parker were gone on a Father's and Son camp-out, so it was me, Carter and ten giggling little girls. Luckily I'd invited a babysitter friend of our's over to help with Carter and other things. She was great. It turned out to be a success, and the best part was the smile on Ashley's face. I have to say, Emily was having the time or her life. I think she thought it was her party. The only time it got rough was when it was time for bed and she was mad because she hadn't gotten any presents. Poor thing. My birthday was great too because Jeff made me a cake. That's a big deal. I was pretty impressed. All-in-all it was a great weekend. As for this week, my only excuse for not blogging is I was doing visiting teaching. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to get it done before the end of the month. I don't know how the time flies by so fast. I really love to visit all the sisters, it's just that time slips away from me and before I know it we are at the end of the month again. Hopefully they know we love them even if we show up the last week of the month.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Busy Times.
These last couple of weeks have been very busy at our house. It mainly had to do with Ashley's and my birthday last week. Thank you everyone who called or left notes on facebook or e-mail. It's nice to feel loved. Anyway, we had a lot of fun having a birthday party for Ashley and her friends Friday evening, and then celebrating as a family on Sunday. Ashley's party was a lot of fun even though it wore me out. It was a pre-tend sleepover at which the little girls came, made their own pizza's for dinner, put on kid make-up, decorated pillow cases and made bead necklaces, ate cake and ice cream (of course) and watched 30 minutes of a movie before their parents came to get them. Jeff, Taylor and Parker were gone on a Father's and Son camp-out, so it was me, Carter and ten giggling little girls. Luckily I'd invited a babysitter friend of our's over to help with Carter and other things. She was great. It turned out to be a success, and the best part was the smile on Ashley's face. I have to say, Emily was having the time or her life. I think she thought it was her party. The only time it got rough was when it was time for bed and she was mad because she hadn't gotten any presents. Poor thing. My birthday was great too because Jeff made me a cake. That's a big deal. I was pretty impressed. All-in-all it was a great weekend. As for this week, my only excuse for not blogging is I was doing visiting teaching. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to get it done before the end of the month. I don't know how the time flies by so fast. I really love to visit all the sisters, it's just that time slips away from me and before I know it we are at the end of the month again. Hopefully they know we love them even if we show up the last week of the month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy belated birthday! It looks like the birthday festivities were lots of fun. I am very impressed with the cakes- especially Ashleys! It's so cute- I am sure she loved it!
Sounds like they all loved the party - and it must have been a lot of work. I remember being at Ashley's party last year and you really do amazing things with a lot of girls!
Post a Comment