Oh to be a three-year-old again. It must be hard. At least it seems to be for Parker lately. This last little while he has been very upset a bout a few things. First of all, this week he has decided that he doesn't want his eyes to blink. Multiple times during the day he'll come up to me complaining that his eyes are blinking. I of course try to explain that they are supposed to do that, but it doesn't seem to sink in. While he's crying about his blinking eyes, he gets more frustrated because there is water in his eyes. Ahh! It's a no win situation. His other struggle lately is that he has decided he only wants to wear short-sleeve shirts. This is a problem when it is 8 degrees outside. It is even more of a struggle because all but one of his short-sleeve shirts has been put away for the winter. I'm still not sure how he found one short-sleeve shirt amidst the 20 other shirts he has. So every day Parker wants to wear his dinosaur shirt, and will ask me continuously for it until it is clean again when the shirt is in the wash. On the days the shirt is in the wash he has reluctantly been willing to put on other shirts and push up the sleeves. Silly kid. Finally, his new obsession is his swimming suit which he found yesterday and has been wearing it constantly since then. It has been quite the battle to get him to put something else on so we can go out of the house. In fact, I took him to play at a museum this morning and he kept asking to go home. When we got in the car the first thing he asked was, "Can I get my swimming suit on when we get home?" That's all he wanted to do. Scrap the museum mom. Though it can be a challenge as a mom, it is kind of cute watching him change his clothes all the time. He's really a fun, and silly kid.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Three-year-old's troubles
Oh to be a three-year-old again. It must be hard. At least it seems to be for Parker lately. This last little while he has been very upset a bout a few things. First of all, this week he has decided that he doesn't want his eyes to blink. Multiple times during the day he'll come up to me complaining that his eyes are blinking. I of course try to explain that they are supposed to do that, but it doesn't seem to sink in. While he's crying about his blinking eyes, he gets more frustrated because there is water in his eyes. Ahh! It's a no win situation. His other struggle lately is that he has decided he only wants to wear short-sleeve shirts. This is a problem when it is 8 degrees outside. It is even more of a struggle because all but one of his short-sleeve shirts has been put away for the winter. I'm still not sure how he found one short-sleeve shirt amidst the 20 other shirts he has. So every day Parker wants to wear his dinosaur shirt, and will ask me continuously for it until it is clean again when the shirt is in the wash. On the days the shirt is in the wash he has reluctantly been willing to put on other shirts and push up the sleeves. Silly kid. Finally, his new obsession is his swimming suit which he found yesterday and has been wearing it constantly since then. It has been quite the battle to get him to put something else on so we can go out of the house. In fact, I took him to play at a museum this morning and he kept asking to go home. When we got in the car the first thing he asked was, "Can I get my swimming suit on when we get home?" That's all he wanted to do. Scrap the museum mom. Though it can be a challenge as a mom, it is kind of cute watching him change his clothes all the time. He's really a fun, and silly kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Kim just can't refrain from taking pictures sidways with the camera. I guess it's time to teach her how to rotate them. :)
wow, to be three. :) I did a post just for you today. :) Check it out.
Parker, Parker, Parker... I can't wait to be there with all of you! He should talk to Aunt Jules as she was once challenged with not blinking ENOUGH and was forced into blink therapy :)
Dear Parker,
The words that your mom wrote about your life recently made me smile. It has only been about a month since Grandpa and I were at your house for Christmas. We really miss you all! Parker, what are you doing in the laundry box? Are you looking for your shirt? I hope you find it!
Love, GrandmaK
Kim, This is totally true. Now Ryan is 15 and 5 feet 10 inches (might I add), he is such a clean freak. He also has to have everything just so so. Just two day ago, he told me he was not letting his kids have syrup on their pancakes. I said why? He said syrup is too messy and gross him out when it gets all over. Also for Christmas he asked for fingernail clippers. I asked him why? He said it was nasty to have to use the "family" fingernail clippers. He is such a freak.
Our younger boys a much more laid back.
Post a Comment