Potty training is always a funny time. When Parker finally went poop in the toilet he looked at it and said, "I pooped a pickle."
We have a picture of Jesus holding a lamb in Parker's room. One day he said, "That's Jesus. I like Jesus. He's got a lamb." He then started singing, "Mary had a little lamb and Jesus took it away." Crazy kid.
We went to the Festival of Trees with Emily's preschool. While there Parker kept saying he liked the tree with the candy corn on it. I could not see any candy corn, so I asked more about what he saw. He said, "The things the squirrels eat." Oh, he meant acorns, but still there were no acorns on the tree. It turns out that he thought pine cones were candy corn.
Parker was spinning in the kitchen one December afternoon, and then of course fell down. After falling down he looked up at me with this look of fear in his eyes and said, "The house is wiggling mom." I guess it was his first dizzy experience.
Parker was really grumpy the other day because he was hungry and of course wanted candy. I tried to explain that if he ate some food instead of just sugar he would feel better. He said, "No mom. Sugar makes be better." (November 2008)
In Parker's prayer he said, "Please bless Daddy that he can be good." (November 2008)
Emily and I were playing memory today with Blues Clues cards. At one point Emily said, "I have a really good brain don't I." I of course agreed with her.
Taylor lost a tooth tonight and put it under his pillow. He also wrote a note to the tooth fairy asking her to tell him about herself and possibly provide a picture.
Parker is so literal. He will tell me something and if I respond by saying "wow" or "really" he'll say, "No it's not really" or "No it's not wow it's (whatever he'd just said)" It's pretty cute.
Today Emily was supposed to pay me $3 for something she bought at the craft store. She handed me a $5 and two $1's. I wanted to teach her the difference between them, so we laid them out and I asked her what was different about them. She said, "This one has a different prophet on it." She's so cute.
Tonight (July 6th) during family prayer I asked Emily to sit up to show respect to Heavenly Father. She said she couldn't because she was too tired. We'd just read about the creation so I said, "When Heavenly Father asked Jesus to help create the world He didn't say He was too tired, do you think you could just sit up for the prayer." She said, "Jesus didn't create the world at night time."
So, I was telling the kids they should never cut their own hair because when I was little I did, and I had this big triangle in my bangs for a long time. Ashley then said, "It's still kind of like that now too." Thanks Ashley.
The other day when Parker decided he was done eating dinner he said, "I done. My tummy is tired."
Parker is always saying cute things. While having brownies and ice cream after Ashley's dance recital, there was a question as to whether to use a spoon or a fork. Emily wanted a spoon, Ashley wanted a fork, and Parker said, "I gonna use my mouth."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are hilarious. It's so good that you have them written down- they will be so funny to read in the future!
Thanks for the laughs. I love blogging for no other reason than to record and read about other people's lives -- so I'm not bored when you play catch up! Fun pictures!
Post a Comment