After seven months of constant strep infections, Ashley and Emily finally got their tonsils out! It couldn't have been soon enough. It was scheduled for June 1st, but then got changed to the third at the last minute due to insurance complications. Talk about frustrating. It is done now though, and the girls recovered very well. I did feel bad for them when they came out of the anesthesia(sp?)because they were so sad. I think they were wondering where the ice cream and popsicles were. They did get plenty of those later that day, but when they first came out of the surgery they both threw up, and did not feel like eating. Poor things. They are real troopers though.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Tonsils begone!
After seven months of constant strep infections, Ashley and Emily finally got their tonsils out! It couldn't have been soon enough. It was scheduled for June 1st, but then got changed to the third at the last minute due to insurance complications. Talk about frustrating. It is done now though, and the girls recovered very well. I did feel bad for them when they came out of the anesthesia(sp?)because they were so sad. I think they were wondering where the ice cream and popsicles were. They did get plenty of those later that day, but when they first came out of the surgery they both threw up, and did not feel like eating. Poor things. They are real troopers though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
poor kids! I always wanted my tonsils out when I was little -- I think for the icecream! :) Glad they are recovered. I read over your last several posts -- looks like it has been a fun summer so far. Our kids go swimming at least 2 if not 3 times a day!
That is quite the wheel chair, you are the one who is a trooper, to take care of both of them at the same time is quite a feat. So glad you could get it done, hope they both stay healthy for a very long time. See all of you at Lava!!
sharon
I had my tonsils out when I was 12 and threw up and cried as well. Just an odd fact. Red heads struggle with anesthesia, I have woken up in 2 different surgeries and usually come out crying, it's gotten better with age. When Janay and I got our wisdom teeth out we both woke up crying, and the doctor said.."they're red heads that's what they do"
Funny Michelle, that is what the nurse said to us too. It must be true. Emily did have a harder time than Ashley.
I'm so glad they are all better now! I had my tonsils out at 8 and remember feeling pretty tricked about the whole thing. My mom told me I wouldn't have any more sore throats, and then I woke up with the worst one ever! We are sure getting excited for you to come here!
Post a Comment