Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ethan Comes Home!











On Monday, November 1st, the day after the actual Halloween day - we were lucky to be livinging in Utah because everyone went trick-or-treating on Saturday - I went to visit Ethan in the morning and the nurses told me he could go home. I was surprised because he was still on oxygen, but they said since he was eating well, they could just send us home with an oxygen tank. There were a few things that still needed to be done before he could actually leave, but they said I could come back in the afternoon to pick him up. Well, I rushed home and picked my kids up from the neighbors. When I told her he was coming home and that I wanted to go sanitize my house, she offered to come and help. I had only been home from the hospital for a week, and she said I shouldn't have to clean my house alone. She couldn't come until after her kids got home from school, which happened to be early that day, but she planned to come over at 12:30. Well, she didn't come alone. Four sisters from the ward showed up and cleaned my house. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. The ward really took care of us during this time. I didn't get to visit Spencer on this day, but Jeff and I had planned to go on Tuesday anyway to get the results of an important test he was having on Monday, so it worked out. In the afternoon, Jeff met me and we went and brought home our first little guy. It was such a crazy day because we were also celebrating Parker's birthday with Jeff's family that night. There is never a dull moment at our house. The birthday celebration was a good thing too because we had extra hands to hold the fussy baby. Ethan had never cried for me in the hospital, but he cried for awhile after getting home. I think it was just a lot of change for one day. Two days after coming home I took him in for a doctor visit. He weighed 6 lbs 5 oz then.

No comments: