Friday, September 9, 2011

Loving Lava





















This summer was full of fun, especially for about four weeks in July and August. For three weeks we went on adventures on Thursday - Saturday. We'd pack, come home, unpack, wash clothes, and then pack again. It was a little crazy. On the forth week I actually got a break because instead of packing for us all to leave, I just had to pack for the kids because they went to stay with their grandparents. Anyway, we were grateful for the fun. So after the cabin weekend, we came home and prepared for Lava. This is supposedly the last year for Lava, so we tried to do everything. We rode the river, sat in the hot pots along the river, got ice cream at the infamous ice cream shop, and just had fun. Jeff even did a crazy adventure with his dad and cousin. They tubed the river at night with head lamps as their only guide. I was a bit worried, but I figured they'd be ok. Apparently it was quite the thrill. Anyway, we all had fun, and I was glad the babies got to go to Lava at least once. Maybe some day we will go again.

1 comment:

Grandma Koller said...

Wow, what a fun time for you! I hope this will not be the last time that you go to Lava. Amazing photos.