Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Catching Up Again

























































































































I just printed the first two years of my blog, and because opening their package up felt just like being a kid at Christmastime, I decided I needed to get caught up and continue blogging. I loved seeing our past history on paper (I guess I'm old fashioned that way), and want to have my kids be able to enjoy it too. Anyway, so I'm back to writing again.

Our August happenings were fun, but they sped by too quickly. We started the month by going camping with Jeff's parents, his aunt and uncle, and some of his cousins and their families. We started out just wanting to go camping, but then we decided to have Jeff's parents go because we knew we'd need help, then more joined in which made it really fun. We were glad it all worked out so well. The extra bonus we got was using a camper which belonged to Carl's friend. I always thought that camping with a trailer wasn't really camping, but I have now changed my mind. It was especially nice to have considering we had two babies with us. It would have been a miserable experience having them freezing in a tent in the middle of the night. I have decided that camping with a trailer is just as heroic as with a tent and probably the smarter way to go if you have a trailer available. (Which we probably won't in the future necessarily, so we will still be camping in tents.) Anyway, it was a lot of fun. I love seeing my kids play out in nature. I wan't them to love the mountains and the outdoors as much as I do.

No comments: