April 1, 2011 - Carter was playing a recorder really loudly in the house. I told him he needed to play it quietly or I'd have to take it away. He said, "The batteries for playing soft are dead so I have to play loud." Smart kid.
March 2011 - We were singing Head Shoulders Knees and Toes in Spanish for FHE. The kids didn't know it, but were trying to follow along. We all finished a second before Emily who said, "ojos, nuggets." It's supposed to be "ojos, nariz" We all laughed.
Jan 31, 2011 - Emily came home from school and excitedly said that wednesday was going to be 100's day and warthog day.
September 2010 - For our scripture study one morning we talked about the golden rule. Later that day Parker said, "Was I following the metal law?" He couldn't remember it was called the golden rule.
Aug 2010 - Carter has the habit of coming into my room at 6:30 and wanting to hold my hair. I'm usually so tired that I just let him lay next to me and hold my hair for ten minutes before getting up. Well, one morning when he was lying next to me he said, "I love you mommy. We have a happy family." It was pretty cute.
Jan 2010 - Carter is talking like crazy now. Some my favorite things that he says are, "No way", "Let Go", "Don't touch me" - it's actually kind of cute when he says them.
Jan 24, 2010 - When asked to do something Parker often responds, "No prodlen mom." It's cute. Today he also told me this as a reaction to me buying suckers for Emily's upcoming belated birthday party, "If you let me have a sucker I won't yell at you anymore when you put me in time out." He's quite the deal maker.
Jan 23, 2010 - Ashley was doing somersaults all around the house. Emily asked why they are called somersault. Ashley said, "They probably named it because it looks like a big ball of salt rolling down the street in the summer." She's got quite the imagination.
Nov 9, 2009 - I took Parker and Carter to Target to check out toys. I told Parker that we were just looking so we could get ideas for Christmas. Well he of course found something that he wanted. I told him we can put it on his Christmas list. He got a little frustrated and said, "No I don't want it for Christmas. I want it for Thanksgiving." Smart kid.
Nov 6, 2009 - Ashley got this soft white blanket for her baptism to remind her of the Holy Ghost. Well, I was changing the girl's sheets and her blanket was on the ground on top of other stuff and Parker came and laid on it. I told him not to lay on it because I wasn't sure what was underneath it, so he responded, "I just want to feel the Holy Ghost like Ashley. I just want to touch it so I can have the Holy Ghost too."
Nov 5, 2009 - I was telling Parker not to touch my curling iron because he might get burned, and he responded, "I know that hurts. When we went to the father and kid camping thing and we roasted mushrooms I burned my finger." They weren't roasting mushroom. Emily really enjoys kindergarten. They have these things called centers where they can go to and do different activities. I think it's cute that she always calls them "enters."
Sept 2009 The other day while we were outside riding bikes, Parker said, "You look like mother Jesus." What? I ask myself. So I said, really, why do you say that. Your hair looks like it. The wind was blowing pretty good that day and I have a lot of hair, so I guess he thought I looked like Jesus but I'm a mom. He's a funny kid.
Sept 2009 Parker wanted to play Lamanite and Jesus with me the other day. I asked him how to play and he said, "I'm the Lamanite and you're Jesus. I hit you with the sword and you fall down. Then you get up and say stop that. This world is important." That is exactly what we did.
July 2009 One evening when I was putting Parker to bed, he got upset about where we were standing while saying the prayer. We often have to stand in the hall to say his prayer because Carter is sleeping, but on this particular night he was upset about it. Anyway, in his prayer he blessed everyone in the family, but when he got to me he said, "But not mom because she'd mean." He apologized afterwards.
June 2009 Right before bed I found Ashley and Emily putting on kid make-up. I was a little upset because they had hot pink stuff all over their faces, and we were just about to read stories and go to sleep. Ashley said, "It's just powder so it can come off. Kind of like powder sugar but with some color." Well, not exactly. It did come off so all was well. I just thought her description was cute.
April 1, 2009 Today we read a book about not talking to strangers. It has all of these scenarios where animals try to talk to kids and the kids are not supposed to talk to them. I thought I'd be good to teach Parker about not opening the door to strangers. He said, "When a big bear comes to the door I won't open it." He almost got it.
April 1, 2009 Parker really wants summer to come because he loves his "short-sleeve pants".
March 2009 Parker is very particular about his arms. He doesn't like long sleeves, and when I make him wash his hands he always screams, "Then don't wash my arms."
March 2009 Parker is quite the kid. The other day he was sitting in his car seat with his knees up to his chest. I was bugged because we were in a hurry and I couldn't buckle him with his legs up. He said, "I am a frog. Frogs don't sit like humans do." He did not want to sit normal. What a kid.
March 2009 Parker's latest saying is "I'm in charge of you mom." He's serious about it too.
March 2009 Today Parker was asked to say the prayer on the food. Sometimes he wants help and sometimes he doesn't. He started great and then stopped and said, "I need mo words." I proceded to help him and then he said, "No mo words". The other kids all started giggling because they thought he was saying "worms."
March 11, 2009 -Emily and Parker came up to me today with these things they'd made with Tinker toys which were apparently birds. Emily said they wanted to "chirp me". What? They proceded to pretend to give me little kisses with the said birds and stated "they are chirping you mom". Chirping for them was giving kisses or something. It was cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment