Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feast or Famine

Well, I just finished changing my fifth poopy diaper for the morning! Phew. Sorry for the potty language, but it's a big part of my life lately. Anyway, hopefully Carter's little system will regulate itself soon. It's either nothing for the day, or it's a diaper change every hour. We are also hoping to potty train Parker soon, I just have to get the courage to attempt it. Anyway, that is not exactly what I got on here to write. I was actually going to put a picture of the peaches Jeff and I canned at about 11 pm Friday night, but low and behold the battery of our camera is dead and refuses to be recharged. We are pretty proud of the peaches though. The bottles are so pretty that we hate to open any of them to eat. I guess we'll just let them sit on the shelf for awhile and look pretty. I've been trying to organize our food storage lately so we can kind of see what we have and what we need. It's actually been kind of fun. I guess I need to put camera batteries on the list of needs though. Anyway, that's about it for my life right now. Oh, I did just finish the last book of the Twilight series. Excellent. It's probably good I'm done with them though, because I didn't get anything done this past week.

One last thing. Check out this blog http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com . It's hilarious.

5 comments:

Suz said...

I am impressed with the canning- I am hoping to maybe get some peaches canned while I am at my parents. Also, I didn't realize you were reading the twilight books- I made the mistake of starting the last book in the middle of our move. Luckily I finished it quickly so I could get back to what I was 'supposed" to be doing! :)

Anna said...

I'm sorry about your feast, I don't know what I'm going to do changing diapers again.
I've been checking out that site for about a month now. it really makes me laugh. :)

grandma blair said...

Way to go on your peaches, how many quarts did you get?
I froze mine instead of bottling them, we'll see how they taste later.

Mom B said...

So glad the peaches turned out great. I'm amazed at what you accomplish with 5kids! That blog is really funny - I have been reading it too. Kudos to Jeff for helping with the peaches!

Kim said...

We did seven quarts of peaches, and I did 15 quarts of Applesauce the week before.