Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yes, Blogging World, I am still alive.

Well, it looks like my blog is starting to follow the pattern of my journal. (My poor roomates will be so disappointed to hear this since I used to write in my journal every day!) I do pretty good for a little while, but then I get behind and give up because I am too far behind to write about everything. It takes a few weeks (like 8 or 9) of feeling guilty about it to push me into the catch up mode, and then I do a mass of entries. So, sorry for those who those who are already living in the present, but I am going to record my past a little bit for my own history sake.

The last of July brought with it fun summer days in the baby pool. Here are a few cute pics of the kids. Yep, I did not want to waste a swim diaper on a fifteen minute dip in the baby pool. It made for a big laugh for the older kids. Treats after swimming are also important.


We have found through the years that being outside in Kansas usually involves a lot of bug bites. Poor Carter got a bad one by his eye and had an allergic reaction. Luckily Zyrtec cleared it up.

In addition to playing outside a lot, we had a fun spontaneous trip to the circus one afternoon. A friend of mine called about something, and in the conversation I found out she was going to the circus camped outside our mall. It was only there for one day, and she had an extra adult ticket, so we decided to join her and her girls. I had to wake up my kids from their naps, but they didn't seem to mind. Taylor didn't get to go because he had scout camp.

Finally, the kids had their summer camp right before we left for our family trip to Utah. Here are a couple of pictures from their final program.

4 comments:

Jennie Blaser said...

ok, that picture of the non-swim diaper is a classic -- gotta love the absorbency. Fun pictures -- catching up always feels good. Blogging is for you anyway, so never feel guilty!

Wendy said...

Ditto Jennie--don't feel guilty for not blogging, since it's your own blog! It should be guilt free! And when your kids read these entries later, they won't care if they were written the day of or a year later!

Your little baby's eye looks so sad. What a reaction! Fun summer memories. When are we ever going to see each other again!?!?! Maybe we should start planning our 40th . . . coming up in just a shy 4 years.

Grandma Koller said...

Kim, I love to read your blog! I think it is so great. I don't know how you find the time to do it when you are so busy. I'm sorry about Carter's eye. I'm glad it got better quickly. It looks like you had a wonderful, activity-filled summer. The kids look like they had fun.
Love, Grandma K

Mom B said...

No wonder you didn't have time to blog this summer - you were so busy doing all of those fun things! I'm impressed that you even have time to write about them, but it does make a nice record for you. The pictures are really great!