Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ashley's 8th Birthday

Sharing a birthday with my daughter has been a neat thing. Yes, it does mean sometimes my birthday is over shadowed, but I get to participate in a party every year for now, which not all adults get to do. Anyway, we had a fun purse party this year. The theme for this party is kind of funny because it came as a result of the only invitation cards Jeff could find at the grocery store at 10 pm the night before I left for New York. I'd been so stressed getting ready to go, that I hadn't had the time to make invitations for Ashley's birthday. Being the loving husband he is, Jeff willingly went out to the store on a wild goose chase trying to find any kind of invitation like card he could so I could get them out before I left. He then ended up having to write them because I ran out of time to write them myself. One invitation ended up not having the time of the party on it, and another had the wrong time on it, but they got out none-the-less and we had a fun party. The girls had fun doing a relay, decorating purse candy bags, and decorating their own purses to take home. My favorite part was making the cake, and seeing the smile on my daughter's face.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Wow I am always amazed at the cakes you make! I am sure that she loved it. :)

Cindy said...

Cute party idea! Glad you both had a fun birthday party :)