Monday, January 11, 2010
That's No Tootsie Roll!
Warning: this could make you sick. So this morning while I was going through the new routine of cleaning the house each morning before going anywhere just in case someone calls to see it (which they did today), I noticed what looked like a clump of dirt or a piece of tootsie roll on the floor outside the bathroom. I didn't think much of it, I just thought "remember to pick that up and throw it away". Well, Carter, who was running around in his diaper, found it before I did. I saw him pick it up and put it in his mouth, but then quickly throw it on the ground, and I thought "Yep, I bet dirt doesn't taste good. Maybe he'll think twice before putting stuff in his mouth." Once he ran off, I went to grab the "dirt" before it got into the carpet, but what I found had an unpleasant but familiar smell. This "dirt ball" must have fallen out of Carter's diaper because it was definitely not just dirt. I don't exactly know what happened because he did not have a messy diaper. I guess the little treasure was just on it's own and slipped out of the soggy morning diaper alone because I couldn't find any more after a frantic search through the house. It's kind of funny after the fact, but I do hope I never see a piece of poop with teeth marks in it again. Kind of gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That is no fun to find a Tootsie roll like that. One time when Janay was a baby we went over to the neighbors. She had a messy diaper and I just figured I would change it when I got home, but when we got home there was nothing in her diaper. I ran back over to the neighbors, and sure enough there was a little roll on their floor. Now that was embarrassing. this is Sharon, not Max
Wow. Geez Mom thanks a lot! That totally happened with Michael once it just fell right out of his diaper on the floor, much to our displeasure. I'm really really glad that you picked it up before they got there. And if a kid eats their own poop it won't hurt them...as much :)
Not kinda gross Kim! Totally gross!!! I'm glad he didn't swallow :)
I will never look at a Tootsie Roll the same way again :) Note: Suz, did you make it this far?
Yikes! I think I just gagged. :)
That's hilarious and disgusting! We have found the same little treasures around our house too, but its not from the baby. I won't name names, but a certain six year old just doesn't wipe good and ends up having the remains fall out of his pants. YUCK! To embarrass myself and him further while I'm at it, it happend once at school. The poor teacher had to call and tell me. Somebody shoot me! Hopefully that's the end of it for all of us.
EWWWW!!! I'm totally grossed out right now!!!! Glad it didn't get farther than his tongue...sick!!!
And I just have to say sorry that you have to live in "showing the house mode" all the time...hopefully things will go well for you!! I was stressed just cleaning up after 1!!!
Post a Comment