Saturday, January 29, 2011

Halloween Week











The week before Halloween Day was also the first week home from the hospital for me. It is all kind of a blur now because it was such a crazy time. I spent each day getting to the Riverton hospital by 9 am to feed Ethan, leaving from there to go to Primary Childrens to see Spencer for an hour, and trying to get back home by 2:30 when the kids came home from school so I could help them get homework done. Luckily people brought us meals that whole week, so I didn't have to worry about that. (I am also grateful that Jeff or our parents could be there to watch Paker and Carter each day.) Then once the kids were in bed, I left again to go the the Riverton hospital to feed Ethan at 9 pm. This is the week after giving birth mind you. With other babies, I spent a lot of time resting, but this time life got busier than before. Anyway, I know that the Lord was blessing me to be able to physically keep up with things because I couldn't have done it without the help. The only day I didn't visit both babies was the friday before Halloween because the kids were having their Halloween parades. I still went to see Ethan at night, but had to skip the morning visit, and my visit to Spencer. Jeff's mom, and my parents both went to see Spencer that day so I didn't feel too bad. Spencer also was completely sedated and immobile that first week, so I don't think he noticed that I wasn't there. Anyway, I was glad I was able to see the kid's parade because it meant a lot to them.

2 comments:

Mom B said...

I feel lucky because this is the first time ever that I have been able to see the babies every single week since their birth - it was so fun to see how much they changed from week to week. Plus I got to spend some time with all of you kids which was fun too.

Grandma Koller said...

A Halloween to remember! Those babies came early, whether you wanted them to or not! Tell Taylor that he looks better in my old lab coat, than I ever did. Everybody has a great costume.