Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!






I love the fourth of July here in Kansas. People go crazy with fireworks! It literally sounds like a war zone with zips and pops coming from all directions. There is a large fireworks show done by a lake here, but we have only go to it a couple of times. We've found that staying in our own neighborhood with friends is just as entertaining. We had fun having the Dodds, some new friends in our ward, and the missionaries over for dinner. We then did our fireworks in the cul-de-sac behind our house which is where the Dodd family lives. I don't know who had more fun with the fireworks, the men or the kids. Anyway, it was a fun day. We also had fun going to a neighborhood parade in the morning. This is the best parade because it lasts about 15 minutes (if that) and the kids get a bunch of necklaces and candy. I do wish they had a big parade with floats and all, but this one does the trick for now.

3 comments:

Grandma Koller said...

I'm sad that you were not here in Provo to see the big parade, but it looks like you had fun in Kansas. It makes me proud to see that I have such patriotic grandchildren. Question: Do they have a 4th of July in England?

grandma blair said...

Sounds like you had a great time on the 4th. What a fun day.

Mom B said...

I'm glad you all had fun on the 4th. I love the cute shirts - I remember when you guys spent the 4th with us. ps - Does Emily like the fireworks now? I remember holding her and plugging her ears till they were over!