Monday, February 15, 2010

The kids' activities!

Sometimes life can get so busy, especially when you have multiple kids enrolled in multiple activites and only one person to drive them to those activities. It wasn't so crazy when Jeff was here because he could pick up or take kids to their various things, but right now it has almost gotten to where the kids don't want to go because they are tired. I did get smart and pull the girls out of dance before this whole "single mom" moment started, so that eliminated two classes we didn't have to drive to. We do still have scouts, achievement days, and basketball, which though it doesn't seem like much, has been a challenge since each took place on a different night so every Tues, Wed, and Thurs we had something until 8 or 8:30 pm. Anyway, things have lighted up a bit because now scouts and achievement days are on the same night so it's not so bad. With all of the craziness, I am especially grateful for Sunday afternoon. When the kids get home from church they immediately start into playing with their toys and each other. It is really fun for me to see. During the week they play with friends or watch TV after school, but on Sunday they relax. There is a reason we have been commanded to keep it holy. The Lord knew we'd need it. Anyway, I just wanted to share a couple pictures of the kids' playing. I thought it was cute what they did.



'

2 comments:

Mom B said...

Looks like fun to me! And hopefully you are somewhere taking a much needed rest!

Grandma Koller said...

If a mother's place is in the home, why am I always in the car? I think the answer is because you are a "hands on" mom who loves her kids and wants them to have all the advantages they can to learn and to grow. But, do remember, you should not all sleep in the car. You should come home every night!:)