Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snowed in again!

I've already said this once, but this year we have gotten more snow than the entire nine years we have lived here. A guy at the grocery store yesterday was saying that it's the most snow we'd had for eighteen years. Anyway, today another storm blew through leaving us with about 5 inches of snow. It's not a lot in Utah terms, but snow in Kansas usually comes with a sheet of ice underneath it, so getting around can be tough. Due to the snow church was cancelled. That is the second full day of church cancelled since Christmas, as well as one half day. Sometimes it's nice having a stay home day, but it is easy to get that trapped feeling after a while. We did get to get out for scones at our friends house later in the day, so the kids were able to get some energy out. It was a lot of fun. Normally I am not too sad when church is cancelled, but today I was a little sad because I now only have one more Sunday left in Kansas.

2 comments:

Grandma Koller said...

It is hard to leave your good friends that you have associated with while you have lived there almost 10 years. I have met some of them and they are wonderful. It will be an emotional experience for you, but I think you will be able to maintain communication with them, and who knows? Maybe some will be able to visit you in Utah. Email is a great thing. I hope that the snow is gone away when you are ready to make the long drive west. I love you all!!

Mom B said...

I took Jeff to the airport today and he was so excited to get home for the last time. You will have a busy week filled with many sweet experiences,(possibly a few hard ones), and more than a few tears shed. We can't wait to welcome you home :)