Sunday, February 21, 2010
Party, party, party
I have to admit that I love birthday parties. I think I'd enjoy being a party planner for kids birthdays if there was such a thing. I love attending parties, I love planning parties, I love reading about birthday party ideas on the web, and I love watching the children's faces (not just my child's face)at the party. I also love coming up with cake ideas. Some of my friends think I'm crazy because I do parties almost every year for my kids,(I am considering the every other year thing though) but I really enoy it. I do feel a little sorry for Parker, Carter and Emily though, since their birthdays are at a harder time of year. We did manage to get a party in for Emily a couple weeks ago(a month late) so she could enjoy one last party with her friends here. It was a favorite doll party to which all of the girls were to bring their favorite doll. We set up a small table for the dolls to sit at and eat their cake. I made winter hats for all the girls and their dolls so they could have something that matched their doll. The girls made miniature food for their doll out of sculpey clay, and they all got to color their own wooden doll. We also had individual pinatas made from paper sacks for the dolls to hit, but we ran out of time for it so they just took them home. It was a fun party, and the girls were so cute. This weekend I threw an early birthday party for Taylor since we are actually moving on his real birthday. He wanted a sleep over, but I decided that we also needed a theme so I could plan activities to entertain the kids. I love parties as long as they are organized with things to do. I can't stand random chaos. Anyway, we had a Harry Potter party which I thought was fun. I gave them a class schedule which included helping the house elves make pizza, levitation class (doing static electricity experiments), transfiguration class (shrinky dinks), potions class (water surface tention experiment, and the mentos/diet coke geyser - a hit), and care of magical creatures class (they got a large easter egg with a little bakugan creature in a plastic bag and obleck - cornstarch and water) The kids loved the corn starch and water and played with it for quite a while. Yes it was a mess, but that stuff cleans up easy. Anyway, after all of the classes and the cake and presents it was 9 pm and they were ready for pjs and a movie. We were going to watch Harry Potter 2 but some of the kids are apprehensive about it so we watched something else. It was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! What lucky kids to have a party mom like you. The Harry potter and doll party sounds so fun. You should be a party planner.
I totally agree with Sharon! I have been to your parties and they are amazing!
Such creative party ideas! I enjoy doing parties for my kids with their friends too, and thinking of fun new games and cakes to make.
You ARE a party girl!! I remember when you were in college and wrote a class assignment about family life. You described it like a three-ring circus. You were certainly wise before your time, as now you are truly in that circus and it is probably even more entertaining than you could have ever imagined. Now you are involved in three rings and more!!!
Post a Comment