Sunday, May 16, 2010

You know you're pregnant when . . .

You know you're pregnant when . . .

*8:00 pm feels like midnight.
*7:00 am feels like 5:00 am.
*You get winded walking up the stairs.
*You can't brush you teeth for more than three seconds without dry-heaving.
*Every dish washing detergent,shampoo, toothpaste, candle, etc. makes you sick.
*You have to buy a new washer because the old one makes you sick.
*You can smell a dirty diaper from a separate floor of the house.
*You eat celery and cream cheese (or other weird things) multiple times a day.
*The mac and cheese you make your kids actually looks and tastes good.
*Walking into any supermarket is a nightmare because of all the smells.
*You can't sleep well because you have crazy dreams.
*You wonder why you eat dinner since it always comes back up.
*You cry over every story or commercial that is even slightly touching.
*You watch every baby you see wondering what your's will look like

You know you are having twins when ...
All of this happens twice as often.


For those who have not heard we are expecting TWINS! Jeff and I are both excited and scared about the whole thing. We knew last summer that we were supposed to have another child, but at the time we were pretty comfortable with what we had. We finally decided that we'd only have another kid if we moved to Utah so the grandparents could help with and enjoy the the baby. Well, the Lord really wanted us to have these kids because out of the blue we got a job offer. We then found out we were expecting two weeks after moving in. We of course were very excited and knew it was the right thing for our family. It has slowed the organization process in our home since I have been pretty sick, but hopefully that will end soon. Anyway, in past pregnancies I'd always secretly wanted twins. (Yes, I'm crazy) I'd always hoped the doctor would hear two heart beats or something when I went to that first appointment. Well this time the thought didn't even cross my mind. I was just thinking, "I can do this. It's a new doctor, but it can't be too different." Well, my new doctor always does a sonogram so that was the first new thing. Then, when he asked if I liked surprises I was a little confused because I didn't think he could tell if it was a girl or boy so early. Well, he said that wasn't the surprise. The surprise was that there were two babies. I was shocked, but as I saw both little heartbeats I was already in love with both of the little blobs in the picture. Unfortunately, now I have twice as much to worry about (and I am a crazy worrier when pregnant), but I know that whatever happens is meant to be. We pray that all will go well, and that they will both be healthy and strong. Anyway, we are very excited, as are our kids. They keep wondering what we are going to have. They also keep wondering what kind of car we are going to get. :) Any suggestions?

25 comments:

grandma blair said...

we are so excited for you. What an exciting thing to be happening for your family. TWINS!!! WoW!!!cragona

VJBlair said...

wow, congratulations!! There is a family with seven kids in our neighborhood and they drive a very long van. I don't know it exact size. Good luck in solving that issue.

Suz said...

We are so excited for you guys- and I have to say twins are lots of fun. (At least being a twin is!!) I don't know any other mom that could handle better!! Now I just hope that the morning sickness will go away quick for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Karolyn said...

This is SO exciting! I am kind of in shock! Twins! wow!

Cindy said...

Wow Kim! Congrats! And twins! Very exciting stuff for your family. Let me know if I can help in any way. I bet the kids are very excited :)

Mormon Marriage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

P.S. Suburbans and Ford Expeditions can seat 9 :)

http://ask.cars.com/2007/08/van-with-nine-s.html

Anna said...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=2461303
I think you need this 15 seater, so you can help with car pools. :)

Anna said...

Congratulations!!! I'm excited for you, and so glad it's you because you'll be perfect at it. Very spot on description of pregnancy. Good luck, I'll start praying now. :)

Josh n' Joni said...

Oh my goodness! That is so neat! Congratulations!

*I'm still trying to get used to one kid, so good on ya!

Melissa said...

Holy crud! That was always my fear, we'd say let's have one more and it would be twins. :) Seriously, I'm so excited for you. You'll have to go for the econo line van that's your only option I think. Maybe you should home school too and then you'll fit the stereo typical econo line family. I'm just teasing you. You'll do great.

Wendy said...

No way!!! How exciting! I always wanted twins as well. Congrats! So glad you're near family with such excitement!

Kath said...

You are one of the strongest people I know. You can do it!!!! Congrats

Anonymous said...

We are really excited about the baby news. Sarah was a little sad about the news, because she will not have the opportunity to babysit the new little ones. She misses all the kids and when we walk by your old house, she always talks about you. By the way...the cat came back. We can't wait to hear more about the babies.

Jennie Blaser said...

Kim! Congratulations! Twins -- lots of work, but you can do it, and you'll have lots of help from your older kids. So, we have a suburban with a bench seat up front, so it has 9 seat belts. We have used all 9 several times for scouts, carpools, etc. The best advice I can give you is to wait until the 2011 models are out for a few months, then go buy a 2010 model. By then, the dealerships are desperate to get rid of the year-old models. We got ours for 14,000 off the lowest sticker -- and WAY below blue book. One of the best deals we've ever made, and I love it. I know I only have 3 kids, but it makes long trips great and carpooling easy.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! We 're so excited for you guys.
Ummm, Suburban or an Expedition. I think that's the only way to go. Congrats and best wishes!!!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

Everyone here is Topeka is so excited for you guys! Someone even said to me: "If anyone can do it Kim can." You will do an awesome job! Miss you guys!

Traci

Mom B said...

We are so excited that everyone knows now! You really will be (and are) an excellent mother and they are all so lucky to have you and Jeff as parents! I'm feeling really lucky to only live 50 minutes away too! I've been told you will love a Suburban with a bench seat - We are excited to see you all tonight!

Michelle Johnston said...

WOW!!! How cool to have your last two be twins. That way your last one wont ever be lonely!!! We are so excited for you. I'm glad you have your parents to help you! That is HUGE. Good luck with everything.

red said...

Congratulations!!! I can't imagine double the sickness. Hopefully it will all slow down for you soon. I always love it when I can brush my teeth again without having to brush them immediately afterwards :) Good luck finding a giant car. You're amazing you'll do great with twins. Besides you have lots of little helpers!

Dahlia said...

We're so excited for you! Congratulations :) And I loved the list in the beginning of the blog...I'm totally identifying with those things. Best of luck throughout the whole pregnancy!

A. Pearce said...

Oh my goodness! How EXCITING!! Congratulations! I'm glad you found our blog. I'll be checking in on yours a lot. Congratulations, again!

Mom B said...

See? You have 19 people already so excited and happy for you! Your description of pregnancy is very accurate. I can still remember those feelings and smells. For me it was Heaven Sent perfume - never wore it again.

Melissa said...

Record number of comments huh? Nothing like #6 & #7 to get people talking. :)

To answer your distressing question, I just used a little high grit (so it doesn't scratch the flat surfaces) sand paper to take the paint off the edges. You can buy distressing gel if you want to have that black in the grooves look like on my entertainment center. My e-mail is melneddo@gmail.com if you want more detail.

Grandma Koller said...

Hey, Kim,
I am sort of slow getting around to looking at your blog on the computer. I guess it is because I having been seeing you and the kids so often, I already know what is going on.:) I love to read your descriptions of pregnancy! I knew that you didn't feel well, but since you rarely complain, I didn't know it was so bad. You are, and always have been, a good sport and a person with a lot of enthusiasm for life. You and Jeff are great parents and I think that things will turn out well. I am planning to dedicate much of my time and energy to you and your family, especially because I love you all so much. I hope that I can be a helpful person for you. I do remember the experience of pregnancy myself and I know that you eventually get over it in about nine months or so, ha, ha!!! I think that it is wonderful that you write and describe your life in your blog. You will be thankful for that, especially when you are as old as I am and your memory becomes dim. I wish that I had written like you do. Twins are exciting to look forward to!!Love ya!!