Friday, January 28, 2011

January

I have decided that I love January. It's not only the start of a new year, but it's when you clean up and put all of the holiday decor away for awhile. For some this is depressing, but for me it is a relief. I guess that comes from having seven of our nine birthdays fall between September and December 31st. It is nice in one respect, toys go on sale during that time. It does, however, cause me a little stress as I try and do birthday parties along with holiday stuff in Oct, Nov and Dec. Anyway, this January seems particularly nice because life this holiday season has been so crazy with the birth of our twins. I went to the doctor yesterday, and am happy to report that Ethan weighs 12 lbs 2 ounces and Spencer weighs 9 lbs 12 ounces. This is a big accomplishment for them. As they grow, things seem to be a little easier. We no longer have to deal with oxygen tubing all over our bedroom, or worry about Spencer choking and holding his breath. They seem to be eating ok for now too, but I do fear I won't be able to continue nursing them for long. None on my kids have used formula so I haven't wanted to with the twins either, but it's hard to balance nursing one and pumping a bottle for the other. I am especially sad because I have to give up my super power breast pump from the hospital tomorrow because the insurance with no longer pay for it. I have another I have borrowed, so I am hoping it can keep up with these babies. We could pay for it on our own each month for $65, but we don't want to. Although, if this other pump doesn't work as well and we have to resort to formula, the breast pump might be cheaper than buying formula for twins. We will see I guess. Anyway, things are good, and I'm glad to start a new year.

4 comments:

Colette said...

So glad to hear an update... sounds like the twins are thriving!

Anna said...

you are awesome kim. good luck. my vote is for the formula. :) but my vote's not worth much. :) I want pictures of your babies. They sound so big. Hope all is well. I think about you lots. :)

Cindy said...

We have been thinking about you guys and wondering how things are going. Sounds like you are plumping those little boys right up. You are amazing! Let me know if you need me to watch your kids sometime, my girls would love a playdate.

Grandma Koller said...

I almost totally understand your feelings about January. We had all four of our children's birthdays in the fall and then Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc.
I found it difficult, but you have even more birthdays to deal with. You sure did a good job this year, and I know you will in the future.
You just have to make your peace with having birthday decor along with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.Your house will always look cleaner and bigger in January.