Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Farm Visit


I am so excited! I finally learned to take the pictures off my camera! Yes, I know you all already know how, but I have grown very dependent on Jeff's computer skills and am therefore stunted in my computer growth. Anyway, I am going to attempt to put some pictures of a farm we went to into a slide show. If it doesn't work I'm sorry. This was a fun trip. I took the kids to Kansas City to the Deanna Rose Farmstead. We've been here in years past because it's a fun, free place to go. (I just had to pay some $50 in gas to get there.) The kids had fun mining for gem stones, riding a pony, and fishing. I wasn't as pleased with the fishing. Each kids got to choose one thing to do and of course Taylor chose the catch and release pond. He didn't realize we were using real worms. Unfortunately Jeff wasn't there to bail us out, so Taylor and I had an interesting time learning to put worms on hooks. We caught some fish so we must have done something right. All-in-all, the kids had fun and that's what counts.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like they had a ton of fun, and that you may of had your hands full.
What cute kids!

Mom B said...

I totally enjoyed all of the farm pictures! You are a brave woman to take 5 kids to a farm by yourself! Nice job on the slide show!

Anna said...

Everytime I see a mom with more than two kids on her own it scares me. I can barely handle my one, you truly are amazing

Wendy said...

Cute! Sounds like a fun place. I too just learned how to get photos off of my camera--blogging has definitely made my technical skills improve

grandma blair said...

Looks like a lot of fun, don't you just love the free places. they could charge and people would pay, but how nice to be able to see all that stuff for free.

Regina said...

Fun pics. the kids are getting so big. Dex is excited to see Taylor. Ok, so I had a hard time with the cow picture. It took me a minute to figure it out.DUH! LOL Sorry I'm a little slow.