Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's nice to be in Utah






Though leaving Kansas was hard, there are some nice things about being in Utah. We finally get to participate in the family activities. We especially enjoyed going to Great Grandma Heaton's 85th birthday and seeing our extended family members. The Blairs are a fun group to hang out with. Anyway, we are grateful for family. Another great thing we were able to do was send the kids off to the grandparents' houses for Spring Break. I send Emily and Ashley together and Taylor and Parker together. Each set of kids got to spend two nights at each set of grandparents' houses. We met mid-week at the Utah Natural History Museum to switch the kids, and to enjoy the day. Poor Carter didn't get to go this time. He was pretty bored on his own. Anyway, the kids had a lot of fun, and hopefully the grandparents did too. One of the highlights was getting together at Temple Square so I could get all of the kids back. The kids got to tour temple square and enjoy some of the displays. It was a really neat experience.

3 comments:

Julie Moore said...

I am so happy for you!! It was great to catch up on your adventures :-)! How are you adjusting to life in Utah?? Is it a lot different than Topeka, KS? I'm glad you have so much family close-by--that makes all the difference in the world!! LOVE YA TONS! And thanks for all of your supportive comments on my blog. You got me through many rough days--thanks!!!! Julie Moore 480-440-2906 huntermoorefamily.blogspot.com

Mom B said...

It was so fun for me to have them here too! I LOVED going to the museum and especially loved the visitors center at temple square. Can't wait to see you all again!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

How much fun is that?!! I am jealous you have so much family around but I am super happy for you of course. I hope you had a good break yourself over spring break!