Saturday, February 12, 2011

Earthquake

So last night I was upstairs putting clothes away while Jeff was in the basement with the kids. At one point Taylor was on our main floor bouncing a ball that kept hitting the ceiling, so I got after him to stop. Just a few minutes after I told him to stop hitting the ceiling with the ball I felt this huge jolt. It felt like one of my older kids jumped off a dresser or something. I started calling for Taylor, asking what he just did, and then realized he wasn't there. He had gone to the basement as well. It then dawned on me that something other than my kids made the loud shaky noise. It almost felt like a straight line wind hit the house as happened in Kansas once, but when I looked outside the weather was perfect, not even a breeze. I did notice my neighbors though, and found out that they also felt the jolt. Well, that night on the news we found out that we'd had a 2.5 earthquake. Pretty crazy. We might just add earthquake coverage to our home insurance now.

No comments: